AoH Game Etiquette
*Game Etiqutte is not about rules, but is about courtesies that members have come to
from one another.
- It is AoH custom for players to put all of
their finds near the fountain in town so they can be distributed at the end of the
game. A find for one is a find for all.
- It is not AoH custom for players to use
Telekinesis to grab gold or treasures.
- If you join a pre-existing game, ask those
who are already there if you can join. If they say they prefer to keep the team they
have now, find another game.
- If you join a pre-existing game and plan to
clear a section of the game that has not been already cleared, ask the players in the game
whether they mind if you clear that section.
- If someone lags out of a game, wait a
reasonable time for their return. If they don't return, leave all of your gold and
other non-essential items behind and try to take as much of their non-replacable items as
- When someone joins your game, offer a portal
in a clear zone.
- If you are offered something particularly
good at Adria or Grizwald or Wirt and you don't want it, announce what it is in case
others would like to purchase it.
- Unless otherwise agreed to, if a group goes
down stairs or a portal together, no one should start to move until all parties are down
- Don't ask for equipment that you wouldn't
have been able to find yourself. Don't give another player equipment that they would
not have been able to find for themselves.
- If you ask another player for equipment and
that person refuses for whatever reason, do not beg or badger that person; the matter is
- If jewelry falls as a monster drop and you
hear it, let the other players know. If you find the ring or amulet, let the other
players know so they can stop looking.
- If you join a game and cause excessive lag,
leave the game and find another.
- To avoid lag at inappropriate times for
players already on a level, tell people when you are coming down to that level.
- If you join a game and the characters are
substantially below you or higher than you in level, find a new game.